A Practical Guide to Carlson Survey Released
CADapult Press has recently released their newest book featuring Carlson Software instruction. A Practical Guide to Carlson Survey 2015 focuses on effectively using this powerful software and is the companion to their other Carlson textbook, A Practical Guide to Carlson Software Fundamentals.
This book is an essential resource for all surveyors and survey technicians utilizing Carlson Survey to perform all types of survey calculations and deliverables. Each lesson contains a discussion of the background of the topic and its real world applications, followed by step-by-step exercises that demonstrate how to make them work for you.
It features 60 exercises organized into 32 lessons in 7 chapters. Each lesson includes detailed descriptions of processes and theory with many illustrations and diagrams, to help you understand “why”, not just “how”.
This text builds on the foundation of knowledge established in A Practical Guide to Carlson Software Fundamentals 2015. While A Practical Guide to Carlson Fundamentals is designed for any and all users of Carlson office applications, including Civil, Survey, Mining and Estimating; this new book, A Practical Guide to Carlson Survey, picks up where the Fundamentals book leaves off and focuses in on the survey-specific topics found only in Carlson Survey.
Together the set of two books totals almost 700 pages of detailed training content, including 65 lessons and 133 hands-on exercises, making them the definitive resource for learning Carlson Survey.
After completing this book, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Pull-down Menus and Ribbon Menus
- Set up Carlson Software to use the Project approach
- Utilize various COGO tools
- Enter Raw Survey Data at the Command Prompt
- Enter Raw Survey Data in the Carlson Raw Data Editor
- Adjust a Traverse with Compass and Angle Balance
- Adjust a Traverse with Carlson SurvNet
- Enter Deed Data to Create a Deed File
- Perform a Deed Correlation with Field Data
- Create and Edit Lots and Areas
- Utilize Carlson LotNet to Generate Lots and Setbacks
- Edit and Annotate LotNet Lots
- Setup Field to Finish Codes and Generate Geometry
- Utilize Various Critical Coordinate File Utilities
- Utilize the Point History
- Use Special Linetypes for Map Creation
The Practical Guide books have been formatted to maximize learning by starting all lessons with an explanation of the concepts and processes that will be covered. This is followed by real world examples in step-by-step exercises that you can perform yourself with the included dataset.
Find more information about this book including a detailed table of contents visit www.cadapult-software.com/books