We welcome contributions to the magazine in several forms.
If you have an idea for an article email it to Shelly. Or, if you’re a writer and prefer to be assigned a topic, also email Shelly.
We accept submissions for the following types of articles:
- Feature articles are usually 2,000-3,000 words with lots of high-res images, detailing a particularly innovative or interesting project, technology, or person. Features often involve research and work obtaining appropriate images.
- Smaller articles are usually 1,000-1,500 words with a three to four high-res images, about one segment of a project or a quick overview of a technology or person.
- Located items are just a photo and couple of informal sentences about something interesting you’ve seen in the gestational world you’d like to share.
- A blog entry for xyHt can take many forms—per your content.
Final submission should be written in first person, in MS Word, with images sent separately (not embedded in Word because that means they’re too small).
Once the editorial team and you agree on the scope of your piece, you’ll draft it, submit it for review, and then edit per request. We will perform a final edit per our in-house style, design the piece, and send you a PDF for final approval. You’ll be responsible for getting approval from any sources regarding using information they provided to you, quotes, and/or images, although we can help with that as needed.
From all writers whom we print, we need:
- A one- to two-sentence bio
- A photo
- A publishable email address
- A one-sentence quote about the significance of the article’s topic, with which we can end your bio.
We look forward to hearing from you!