xyHt is a group of publications covering geospatial disciplines for professionals and “prosumers,” published by Flatdog Media.
We print 12 issues of xyHt magazine per year, with two seasonal supplements (sometimes three). All print issues are also available digitally for free, as are our two emailed newsletters: Pangaea and Surveyors’ Field Notes.
What does xyHt mean?
x = left-right
y = fore-aft
H = up-down (orthometric height)
t = epoch/time
How your can participate:
xyHt and its related publications cover topics in precision location and measurement. Specifically:
- Land surveying, boundary, cadastral | Geodesy|Legacy terrestrial surveying, total stations, levels
- Cartography | GIS, GIOS, Spatial IT
- Fleet management, routing, routing grade | Precision agriculture, precision guidance, intelligent transportation systems
- Precision navigation, robotics guidance
- Hydrography, bathymetry | Marine/underwater construction surveying
- Structural monitoring, deflections/seismic, large-motion monitoring
- BIM, plant and process, facilities, architecture
- Engineering surveying, construction surveying, machine control, quantities
- Terrestrial signal-based navigation/guidance systems
- Indoor signal-based location systems
- Satellite imagining/photogrammetry | Satellite radar/sensing
- Airborne, UAS photogrammetry | Airborne, UAS lidar, radar
- Terrestrial photogrammetry | Terrestrial lidar, radar
- Sonar/acoustic systems and vessels, AUV, ROV | Inertial systems
- Integrated positioning systems—IMU/GNSS/DMI/laser/RF
Who we are:
Click here for information about the Flatdog Media staff and publishing office.
What happened to Professional Surveyor Magazine?
Flatdog Media published Professional Surveyor Magazine for 30 years. Click here for a message from geodesist Dave Doyle and one from our publisher Neil Sandler to read why we retired PSM and created xyHt.
PSM archives from April 2013 to its closing in June 2014 are here on xyHt’s website; earlier archives are on the PSM website.