- Editor’s Desk: Fit for Purpose
- Feature: Surveying Cultural Heritage
To help preserve and manage cultural heritage sites, an interdisciplinary team is using 3D laser scanning and photogrammetry to model the sites at high resolution—meeting unique challenges with innovative techniques and creating novel opportunities for surveyors.
- Feature: The Multi, the Mobile, and the Modeled
Leica Geosystems’ high-profile launch of the “MultiStation” is just part of the story of the potential for new products to significantly enrich workflows for surveyors.
- Feature: Rockfall Mitigation
A potential market for surveyors is collecting data for rapid hazard analysis, using 3D photogrammetric techniques.
- Feature: Never Too Steep for a UAV
A surveying company in the South Pacific significantly improves crew safety and their deliverables by mapping an open pit nickel mine using a UAV.
- Feature: Jolly Olde England
Five American surveyors tour England for a week, visiting historical spots significant to surveyors, meeting with the RICS, and sampling some well-deserved pints.
- Where Theory Meets Practice: Defining Surfaces
- The Political Surveyor: The Surveyor, GIS, and Privacy