xyHt is a magazine and blog covering geospatial disciplines for professionals and prosumers, published by Flatdog Media.
We print 12 issues of xyHt per year, with two seasonal supplements (sometimes three). All print issues are also available digitally for free, as are our two emailed newsletters: Pangaea and Surveyors’ Field Notes.
A print subscription is free to qualified subscribers in the United States; there is a postage fee for non-U.S. subscribers. Click here for subscription information.
What does the title, xyHt, mean?
xyHt signifies a set of coordinates:
x = left-right | y = fore-aft | H = up-down (orthometric height) | t = epoch/time
How can I become a part of xyHt?
Email Chuck Boteler to partner with us for advertising, and email Shelly Cox to discuss editorial submissions. Click here for our editorial vs. advertising guidelines.
What are the topics?
xyHt and its related publications cover topics in precision location and measurement. Specifically:
- Land surveying, boundary, cadastral | Geodesy | Legacy terrestrial surveying, total stations, levels
- Cartography | GIS, GIOS, Spatial IT
- Fleet management, routing, routing grade | Precision agriculture, precision guidance, intelligent transportation systems
- Precision navigation, robotics guidance
- Hydrography, bathymetry | Marine/underwater construction surveying
- Structural monitoring, deflections/seismic, large-motion monitoring
- BIM, plant and process, facilities, architecture
- Engineering surveying, construction surveying, machine control, quantities
- Terrestrial signal-based navigation/guidance systems
- Indoor signal-based location systems
- Satellite imagining/photogrammetry | Satellite radar/sensing
- Airborne, UAS photogrammetry | Airborne, UAS lidar, radar
- Terrestrial photogrammetry | Terrestrial lidar, radar
- Sonar/acoustic systems and vessels, AUV, ROV | Inertial systems
- Integrated positioning systems—IMU/GNSS/DMI/laser/RF
What happened to Professional Surveyor Magazine?
Flatdog Media published Professional Surveyor Magazine for 30 years. Click here for a message from geodesist Dave Doyle and one from our publisher Neil Sandler to read why we retired PSM and created xyHt.
PSM archives from April 2013 to its closing in June 2014 are here on xyHt’s website; earlier archives are on the PSM website.
Who are you?
Click here for information about the Flatdog Media staff and publishing office.