As always, if you don’t have a subscription to our print edition, or if someone else in the office has snaffled your copy, never fear, here is the digital edition. Click here, or on the cover to the right, to view the February 2021 issue of xyHt magazine.
Here are some highlights:
- All Hands on Deck: The task of mapping the ocean floor is a large but attainable task in the coming decade.
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles: The ability to send AUVs underwater and control them from ships or port makes the daunting task of mapping the seafloor possible.
- Digitizing America’s Coasts: Near-shore hydrographic surveying can be a challenging task, but technological advances now offer real-time autonomous solutions for near-shore surveys.
- GeoDude – The Early Days of 3D Scanning: Part 8: 1999: A Pivotal Second Year for this New “3D Laser Scanning” Technology
- The Challenges of Near-shore Hydrographic Surveys: Near-shore hydrographic surveying can be a challenging task, especially if the conditions are not ideal to collect the required data.