Click here, or on the cover to the right, to view the October 2020 issue of xyHt magazine.
Articles in the issue include:
(Links will turn live throughout October, as they are reposted here on our site blog!)
- Ghost Towns: Surveying abandoned diamond mine towns in the African Sperrgebiet will help Namibia build tourism
- George Washington, Surveyor: If what you know about George Washington comes from your primary and secondary education, then John Berlau’s new book George Washington, Entrepreneur holds a treasure trove of information for you – especially for surveyors
- Doers: Christoph Hinte: 25 years at Intergeo
- Game of Clones: How lidar imaging turned old town Dubrovnik into a realistic fantasy world
- The Early Days of 3D Scanning, Part 5: Joining the 3D Laser Scanning Pioneering Start-up, Cyra Technologies
- Google’s Play in GNSS: Many surveyors are familiar with the U.S. National Geo-detic Survey’s Online Positioning User Service (OPUS), a cloud-based processing ser-vice that allows them to upload a Receiver-Independent Exchange (RINEX) file and receive results in minutes. Soon, they may be able to achieve centimeter accuracy by accessing raw GNSS measurements on their Android phone
- Yes, We Scan! With a clever mobile app and a can-do attitude, Swiss surveyors have created a 3D model of a river valley in the Alps to improve risk prediction of landslides.