Click on the cover below to view the August 2019 issue of xyHt magazine. Articles in the issue include (links will turn live throughout August):
- Seen at HxGN LIVE 2019– xyHt staff share what we saw at HxGN LIVE 2019
- Survey Grade PPP – Has real-time precise point positioning finally hit prime time for surveying applications? The answer is a qualified yes.
- UAV Stakes Out New Ground – A flying/staking robot has taken a huge step forward in automation for site layout, including road, rail, utilities, and energy applications.
- New GNSS Kids on the Block – Test driving a new Tersus rover: There is more to the story than a $3,000 price tag.
- Harnessing Drones the Photogrammetric Way – Considering that UAS are just another platform to carry sensors, new mappers should embrace merging photogrammetric techniques and practices with innovations by the computer-vision community to produce scientifically sound mapping products.
- The GeoDude on Walkaround Mobile Scanning Part 1 – Basic types, differences, and advantages
- 6D Slam – An indoor spatial intelligence start-up from Germany is pushing the BIM industry forward through a combo of navigation and visualization.
- Automated City Extraction – A new company called Geopipe builds 3D models using machine learning and AI, but with no photogrammetrists?
- Inexpensive Does Not Mean Cheap – High-precision geospatial and surveying instruments and solutions have become much more accessible and affordable for existing and emerging end-user constituencies.